In case you haven't noticed, it's mid to late September! Yikes. That means it's nearly too late to think about Fall promotions! But if you hurry you can still create fun, and creative and profitable promotions for Fall and Winter. There are lots of ways to beef up your marketing these days, from website offers, to co-promotions with other businesses to a networking event. Get started today and keep these things in mind:
1) What is my ultimate goal? Increase sales... by how much? Market to existing customers... what are you marketing? Spell it out and be clear and measurable.
2) Give yourself enough time to promote it well. So think 6 weeks out and work backwards to create an effective timeline.
3) Think of unique ways to promote your event/activity/promotion. Can you do an email blast to existing customers (do you have that already set up?). Can you work with another company to access their email list? Can you do an insert in the local paper (yes, those still exist and can be effective)? How about on-line advertising through the appropriate venue? We recently tested an on-line program with the IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center and found that the NY Metro Parents website was highly effective at driving traffic to our site over other venues that were active far longer. We pulled the previous ads and bumped up our ads on NY Metro Parents. Using Google analytics (free) can help with this testing process.
4) How about promoting it through Twitter? Host a TweetUp and invite others to participate to make it successful. At the TweetUp offer free samples or a raffle prize of your new product or service. Get other complimentary companies involved. (Look to this blog for an upcoming Tweet Up announcement!)
5) Don't forget the old fashioned press release! Yes, they still work, if written well, sent to the proper people and followed up appropriately.
Need help? Check out our website for more ideas and info: www.gmgpr.com