Family Workshop For Port Chester Teens And Parents
Port Chester, NY - The Port Chester Cares Community Coalition along with it’s community partners presents “Family University,” an event designed to empower students in grades 5-12 and their parents to make smart choices within their family.The evening will include workshops in English and Spanish exploring a variety of subjects affecting today’s teens. Family University is in session from 5:30pm - 9pm on Tuesday, March 27 at Port Chester Middle School (113 Bowman Ave). Childcare will be provided for children ages 3-9, which will provide activities such as Open Door’s Let’s Move, music from Graham Clark and an art project from the OASIS after school program.
Family University is comprised of several workshops for parents, students and families including alcohol and substance abuse prevention, bullying prevention for parents, “Keeping Your Family Safe on The Internet” and “Zumba Your Way to a Healthy Life.” With guest speakers including MSNBC consultant Tom Grimes, who will speak about internet safety and Author of “Bullyproof Your Child For Life”, Joel Haber who will help parents talk with their children about bullying. All of the workshops will provide students and their families with information exploring constructive solutions for families when faced with issues like bullying, peer pressure, drugs and alcohol. Acknowledging the positive effect family meals have on teens, students and parents will also enjoy a boxed dinner together provided by Garden Catering.
- Bill Clinton To Speak At Westchester Community College
- NY Gilbert And Sullivan Players To Perform In Valhalla
- WCC Presents I’ve Got A Little Twist
- Westchester Community College Open House
- Boys And Girls Club To Host 19th Humanitarian Award Dinner
- Summer Nature Programs Offered At Lenoir Preserve
- Westchester Networking for Professionals Joins American Diabetes Association Walk To Stop Diabetes